Qumu enables enterprise-class recording of Pexip meetings directly from Skype for Business
San Bruno, CA, September 22, 2016 – Qumu (NASDAQ: QUMU), the leader in enterprise video, today announced support for Skype® for Business in its extension to the Pexip Infinity meeting platform. The extension enables recording, management, distribution and replay of Pexip meetings. Skype® for Business users can now take full advantage of the enterprise-class centralized recording and streaming capability to make meeting recordings easily searchable and accessible to an organization.
Meetings are securely stored, centrally managed, searchable and able to be viewed on any device.
Before or during a call, Skype® for Business users can choose to record meetings from within their client. After the conference, recordings are stored, distributed and managed centrally. Recordings remain secure and fully compliant with retention policies and audit trails. These valuable assets are able to be searched for easy recall and viewed on any device.
The innovative Qumu video platform can scale to archive millions of recordings from a company’s multiple video conference and web conference solutions, providing a long-term video content platform that will remain constant as UC technologies evolve over time.
“Qumu is excited to be working with Pexip to ensure interoperability that allows Skype® for Business users to easily join and be full participants in any meeting, regardless of the videoconferencing infrastructure involved,” said Vern Hanzlik, president and CEO of Qumu. “The Qumu platform gives organizations a way to capture and persistently manage valuable knowledge assets from all of their UC platforms, both today and in the future.”
Live streaming “expands” meetings
In addition, Pexip and Skype® for Business users can use the Qumu functionality to live stream virtual meetings to hundreds or thousands of additional participants, creating an easy and scalable way to expand calls beyond existing endpoints.
Qumu’s enterprise-class recording and streaming capability brings needed security and control to proprietary recorded meeting assets:
- Fully compliant with regulatory standards and audit trail requirements
- Fully compliant with corporate content retention policies
- Secure recording and playback integrated with corporate identity management systems
- Designed for redundancy as well as high availability from the ground up
“Pexip’s ability to seamlessly join a variety of endpoints and technologies in Pexip virtual meetings is a huge benefit for our customers,” said Åsmund O. Fodstad, Pexip CEO. “With the added functionality of centrally recording and live streaming these meetings, users have more freedom and more options in how they collaborate – while at the same time improving compliance and including more people for key communications.”
The Qumu solution platform enables a company’s overall unified communications ecosystem to make recording calls a seamless, secure and scalable part of any meeting:
- Enterprise-Class meeting recording. Scalable to meet your growing organization’s capacity needs while being highly redundant, secure and economical.
- Scheduled or on demand. Recording can be initiated both as part of the meeting scheduling process or on demand with simple controls easily accessible within the Skype for Business, Lync or other virtual meeting vendors’ interfaces.
- Managed content. Users have access to manage their recordings, allowing them to trim, edit thumbnails, and share them easily right from within the communications tool.
- Integrated with your corporate security framework. This minimizes administration and provides the flexibility to meet your multi-level access control needs.
- Automatic meta data capture. Highly customizable meta data capture for enhanced search/retrieval as well as audit/compliance of meeting recordings.
- Automated workflows. Can be created for specific types of meeting recordings with automated disclaimers, mandatory approvals, security, time of life, and repurposing.
- Easily share meeting content. Can be shared via collaboration platforms, email, websites and social tools while maintaining security and trackability.
Ask your Pexip or Qumu representative for more information on how the Qumu recording, streaming, and asset management extension works as part of a Pexip solution.
About Qumu Corporation
Qumu (NASDAQ: QUMU) provides the tools businesses need to create, manage, secure, distribute and measure the success of their videos. Qumu’s innovative solutions release the power in video to engage and empower employees, partners and clients. Qumu helps thousands of organizations around the world realize the greatest possible value from video and other rich content they create and publish. Whatever the audience size, viewer device or network configuration, Qumu solutions are how business does video. Additional information can be found at www.qumu.com.
Founded in 2012, Pexip enables enterprises and organizations to provide video-based communications and collaboration tools to all employees.
The company’s meeting platform enables seamless collaboration across incompatible video and audio technologies such as traditional videoconferencing, Microsoft® Skype® for Business and WebRTC. The unique software provides unmatched capacity and interoperability, and can be deployed in an organization’s data center, or in a private or public cloud such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, as well as in any hybrid combination.
Pexip Infinity is used by numerous Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries. The technology also powers a large number of the world’s Videoconferencing as a Service (VCaaS) providers. The company was named Global Video Conferencing Technology Innovation Award winner by renowned analysts Frost & Sullivan in 2016.
Pexip is represented on all five continents, and has offices in Oslo, London, Sydney, and New York.
Learn more at www.pexip.com
Pete Steege, Director of Marketing Communications
Anders Løkke, Marketing
+47 480 81 614