New Research Available from Qumu
Qumu interviewed retail employees from the US and UK to find out how businesses are connecting to their employees and how that connection can be strengthened and improved. Qumu’s retail industry research report shows that 51% of retail store employees feel disconnected from their wider company strategy and direction and that 94% would like to see video training in stores. In the mobile, social world, video is a way to keep retail employees connected and up-to –date so they can provide the kinds of customer experiences that drive customer loyalty and sales performance.
Dollars to doughnuts, convert customers quicker with rich content.
A store manager at a software outlet needs to show the main office that she has arranged the new end caps correctly. A new cellphone is rolling out this week and employees are having difficulty finding time to pore over all of the new spec sheets. The owner of a cult video store struggles to find shelf space for her inventory backlog.
With business video and digital content distribution solutions, the manager can capture a quick video of the store’s end caps and share it to the social portal. Employees can stream an informational video on the new phone to their smartphones or mobile devices on their lunch break. The video store owner can keep her inventory digital and create physical media on demand, leaving her shelf space free and keeping her costs low.
Our solutions keep retail running. Take a look at these examples to see how:
Sales associate training
- Video-based training is absorbed deeper and faster than written or PowerPoint-based training
- Video training is easy to access on any associate’s smartphone
- Ensure sales training video content is consistent across locations
- Monitor video viewing activity to measure its effectiveness
- Digital distribution is far more cost effective than hard-copy distribution
Sales team huddles
- Develop monthly, weekly or even daily video sales team huddles
- Push informational or inspirational, management-led videos to store locations
- Create informal webcasts to regularly share sales tactics and product pushes live
- Employ social sharing features to encourage comments, feedback and collaboration
Product display verification
- Store managers capture video proof of construction of promotional sales floor displays
- Video is shared via social portal technology with headquarters
- Or share with all store associates to encourage competition
- Use Qumu polling features to run best display contests
On-demand disc publishing
- Burn software, gaming and video titles to disc, in store, and on demand
- Or print at nearby distribution centers for overnight, just-in-time inventory stocking
- Print professional quality label artwork on disc in seconds
- Easily manage scalable shelf inventory
- Always have just enough popular titles and burn longtail titles only when requested
- Publish photos on optical disc
- Burn customer photos to disk at the touch of a button
- Print photo thumbnails and barcodes on the disk automatically
- System is easy to use, proven, and bulletproof