- Created on Tuesday, 08 November 2011 14:41
Qumu Quick Capture Brings New Power to Employee Generated Video Content
With just a web browser, employees can Create, Edit and Publish video presentations quickly and easily.
STREAMING MEDIA WEST CONFERENCE, Los Angeles, Booth #8 - November 8, 2011 – Qumu, Inc., www.qumu.com, the leading provider of enterprise video solutions, today announced the release of Qumu Quick Capture, a web-based screen capture and video creation tool with a simple interface that allows users to create rich media presentations.
Quick Capture is an add-on component to the Qumu Video Control Center that synchronizes audio and video with screen recording of anything on the user’s desktop. Just record a product demo, sales presentation or project update, edit as needed, and publish online.
Quick Capture not only records all screens, it can simultaneously capture video from a webcam or PC camera so you can see the screen images and the presenter at the same time. It also provides instruction arrows or callouts that can be inserted after you finish, providing added ease-of-use for viewers. Quick Capture automatically uploads the finished presentation to the Qumu Video Control Center where it can be shared easily with others. Published content can also be protected for viewing only by assigned users.
“The release of Qumu Quick Capture greatly enhances our Social Video capabilities as it enables employees to quickly and easily create compelling video presentations,” said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. “With more and more of our customers allowing employees to create and submit their own videos, Quick Capture provides a simple, yet robust tool for creating and sharing Employee Generated Content.”
Easy and Effective Social Video Creation
Quick Capture drives more effective organization-wide training, leadership and collaboration by putting a powerful tool in the hands of the employees. There is no software to download --- It’s all over the web – Nothing could be simpler!
Qumu Quick Capture:
- Records screen content at high frame rates – going beyond just JPEG screenshots. If it can be shown on your PC or Mac screen, Quick Capture can record it.
- Edits your presentation after the fact to trim the video, cut out sections, insert overlays, images, and adjust transition effects.
- Automatically publishes the finished presentation to the Qumu Video Control Center portal.
Everyone in the organization benefits:
- Executives – rapid dissemination of an idea to their teams, added inspiration for a presentation, or delivery of an important message from anywhere – hotel room, airport lounge, vacation spot, or home;
- Sales Leaders/Representatives – pipeline updates, sales techniques, presentation training;
- Product Managers – new product releases, product roadmaps;
- Educators/Teachers/Professors – class lessons, diagrams, integrated media;
- HR Directors – benefit explanations, training, compliance;
- Help Desk/Support Personnel – FAQs, product walkthroughs , troubleshooting;
- Accounting/Financial – new processes and procedures, accrual methods, financial reviews, compliance rules.
See Quick Capture in Action
Qumu will be demonstrating the Quick Capture product at the Streaming Media West show in Los Angeles on the Exhibit Hall stage on Nov. 9th from 11:40 – 12:00. Or, stop by the Qumu booth #8 at Streaming Media West any time to find out more (www.streamingmedia.com/west).
The new Quick Capture product is available now and is an add-on product to the Qumu Video Control Center. Find out more at www.qumu.com/quickcapture
As the leading business video platform provider, Qumu is the control center for all things video.
We empower organizations to better engage and inspire employees, improve productivity, and reduce costs. Video is pervasive – it appears in all business applications and is consumed on all devices. The largest Fortune 500 companies depend on Qumu’s video platform to capture, manage, and distribute live and on-demand content with total reliability and security. Regardless of audience size, viewer device, or network configuration, Qumu simply makes video work. Only Qumu delivers the Freedom to work with existing infrastructure; the Power to reach everyone; and the Control to do it right.
Qumu is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rimage Corporation.
About Rimage Corporation
Founded in 1978, Rimage Corporation (NASDAQ: RIMG) helps businesses deliver digital content directly and securely to their customers and employees. Its disc publishing business, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, supplies more than 10,000 customers in North America, Europe and Asia with industry-leading solutions that archive, distribute and protect content on CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs™. With its acquisition of Qumu, Rimage is a leader in the rapidly growing enterprise video communications market. The combination of Qumu and Rimage’s disc publishing business and virtual publishing initiative enables businesses to securely deliver their videos, documents, audio files and images in today’s multi-platform, multi-device world. Additional information can be found at www.rimagecorp.com.
Grayling Connecting Point