- Created on Wednesday, 09 September 2009 08:00
Companies Recognized for Innovative Use Of Scalable, Live and On-Demand Video Webcasts For Dynamic Training And Change-Based Corporate Communication
SAN BRUNO, CA— September 9, 2009 —Qumu, Inc., the leader in enterprise video communications, announced today that two of its enterprise customers – Northwestern Mutual Life and Sprint – have been selected as winners of the “Excellence in Enterprise Video Awards” (EEVA). The winners of these prestigious awards are selected annually by market research firm Interactive Media Strategies, which recognizes the outstanding achievements and innovative deployments of video by leading companies from all across the country.
Both companies represent true thought leadership in the effective implementation of online video in the corporate sector:
- Northwestern Mutual Life was awarded an EEVA for its impressive growth in video communications and webcasts as a result of deploying their Video on Demand system to connect with its vast base of financial representatives located around the country.
- Sprint was awarded an EEVA for their leading innovations in embracing online video in day-to-day business activities, and for creating a “culture of connectedness” for employees around the world. View Sprint's video case study here.
“We launched the Excellence in Enterprise Video Awards to recognize outstanding achievements and showcase innovative deployments of video by leading companies from all across the country,” said Paul Ritter, Vice President of Interactive Media Strategies. “We're pleased to announce the winners of the EEVA awards and to showcase the Thought Leaders webcasts to share their stories of success. Northwestern Mutual and Sprint truly embody the concepts represented by the Excellence in Enterprise Video Awards.”
“In many ways, Sprint and Northwestern Mutual Life’s use of video represents what we consistently see across our entire customer base: innovative use of scalable, controlled, secure enterprise video for live and on-demand video communication that controls costs and reduces travel, allows executives to conduct Town Hall Meetings that keeps key constituents engaged with the organization, and simplifies training and corporate and change-based communication,” said Ray Hood, President and CEO of Qumu, Inc. “We’re very proud of both Sprint and Northwestern Mutual Life’s selection for the EEVA awards. As these companies have learned, video communications must be user-friendly, easy to deploy and provide measurable ROI if it’s going to have any impact and value within an enterprise environment.”
Winners of EEVA awards are showcased in a series of Thought Leader webcasts that feature interviews of award winners talking about their innovative programs and the results their organizations have achieved by deploying enterprise video. The Thought Leader webcasts can be viewed at www.EEVAthoughtleaders.com.
Qumu customer success stories with many other Qumu clients including Microsoft, Raytheon, Dell, and AMD are available at http://www.qumu.com/news/video-library.html
- About Northwestern Mutual Life’s (NML) use of video: The initial goals of NML’s video program were to be able to provide needed video content such as new product information, sales training and other educational content to independent insurance financial representatives located in offices around the country. These offices had limited network capacity to the home office’s corporate network and therefore had several challenges when it came to accessing high bandwidth content. The end result has been the ability to expand the video content being offered, enhance satisfaction of end users and actually decrease the level of support costs incurred, even as growth in viewership has skyrocketed.
- About Sprint’s use of video: Sprint has been doing webcasting and providing multimedia presentations such as audio events with PowerPoint slides for more than a decade. Sprint continually strives to stay on top of current technologies and to offer employees the ability to participate in company meetings and announcements from offices, meeting rooms or remotely. To continue to provide audio and video presentations and web¬casts to all employees, including new employees coming on board with a merger in 2005, the company needed a strong, flexible and scalable enterprise video solution. Furthermore, the combined companies had different networks, platforms, and solutions in place for providing multimedia content to employees, and a flexible solution was needed that could bring together the various components into a seamless solution.
About Qumu, Inc.
Qumu is the leading provider of video solutions to corporations, not-for-profit organizations, and government entities. Qumu’s products allow organizations to easily create, manage, publish and distribute live and on-demand video content while integrating the video with other media. Qumu’s solutions are engineered to allow companies to get started at minimal expense while leveraging existing IT standards and infrastructure. Qumu provides flexible deployment options: SaaS, enterprise software, and appliance delivery. Find out why so many Fortune 500 companies partner with Qumu for their enterprise video needs. Contact Qumu at 1-866-654-8333 or via www.qumu.com.
Qumu, Qumu 5.0 and the Qumu logo are registered trademarks of Qumu. All other brands and trademarks referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.