- Published: October 13 2009
New Qumu Product Allows Companies to Use SharePoint as Central Communications Video Portal To Securely Manage, Deploy and Scale Video-Based Content to Employees
SAN BRUNO, CA — October 13, 2009 – Qumu, Inc., a proven innovator in rich media streaming video solutions for the enterprise, today announced the Qumu Video Control Center with SharePoint module that allows organizations to use Microsoft® SharePoint® to access the latest video content. Organizations can now store, search, play and stream video securely with SharePoint.
The new Qumu SharePoint TIM (Technical Integration Module) delivers the ability for companies to provide scalable enterprise video to their users within their existing SharePoint portals. The Qumu SharePoint TIM also allows also users to view and search rich media programs directly from the Microsoft SharePoint Portal. These rich media programs – typically consisting of people and content (presentations or Web applications) made with the Qumu Capture Studio or other video creation tools - are managed, published and accessed through the Qumu Video Control Center, the most advanced rich media platform for video management and distribution.
The Qumu SharePoint TIM provides an out-of-the-box video portal that includes:
- Easy installation to a company’s existing SharePoint Portal;
- An enhanced viewer experience via customizable carousel and thumbnail views of programs;
- Categories, Channels, Programs, Favorites, and Alerts that highlight important content and can be browsed from SharePoint;
- Consistent security, LDAP integrity and item-level security that’s ensured via user permissions set;
- The ability to deliver Private Programs for executive, confidential, or targeted broadcasts and on demand viewing;
- A Live Events Calendar that records important events, links to Microsoft Outlook, saves programs as iCalendar files.
Qumu provides end-to-end publishing and distribution of video content through an intuitive and non-technical user interface. Users can easily find and view live broadcasts or on demand videos, as well as related rich media content, directly from their SharePoint Portal. The user simply browses the video library for both live and VOD content. Qumu automatically archives events for future viewing by any employees who may have missed a live broadcast.
Organizational Demand for Integration of Video into SharePoint Portals
Video broadcasts are important at many organizations because they enable company executives, managers and thought leaders to reach large audiences with engaging presentations that command attention and deliver important and relevant information at a very low cost. Microsoft SharePoint is now most companies’ communications portal of choice, and it makes sense to include rich media content such as CEO broadcasts, training videos, HR information, safety and compliance information, product announcements and other important content via video through the SharePoint portal.
Qumu developed the new SharePoint TIM application in response to enterprise customers and users of Microsoft SharePoint who desire to leverage scalable enterprise video across their networks for controlled access, ease of use and flexibility of control. Benefits of the Qumu SharePoint TIM include:
- Easy Implementation: out-of-the-box functionality
- Company-customized SharePoint: display and access video content
- Unified Viewer Experience: centralized access to live broadcasts and video on demand programs through a single portal interface
- Enhanced Corporate Community: real-time communication across geographically dispersed workforces
- Increase SharePoint ROI: leverage existing technology and SharePoint to deliver video
- Access Control: consistent, secure, and user-specific access to video content while measuring viewership
- Straightforward User Interface: customizable Landing Page includes carousel views for browsing, search, favorites, featured channels, calendar view, and a browser capabilities link, encouraging employee viewership and creation
- Accountability: live polling, ratings, and reviews give quantitative and qualitative feedback on company video assets
“The new Qumu SharePoint TIM enables enterprises to distribute and archive searchable video to departments, regions and users on a specific or general basis, based on their access capabilities. For the first time, organizations can seamlessly implement the power of scalable video into their SharePoint portals,” said Ray Hood, CEO of Qumu, Inc. “This is a clear step forward for enterprises that want to easily and seamlessly deploy video through the power and control of their SharePoint portals. Enterprise and organizational users demand customizability and control in how their users see and use video, while IT departments want the capability to manage the network deployment of video. Together with Microsoft SharePoint, Qumu delivers both.”
About Qumu, Inc.
Qumu is the leading provider of video solutions to corporations, not-for-profit organizations, and government entities. Qumu’s products allow organizations to easily create, manage, publish and distribute live and on demand video content while integrating the video with other media. Qumu’s solutions are engineered to allow companies to get started at minimal expense while leveraging existing IT standards and infrastructure. Qumu provides flexible deployment options: SaaS, enterprise software, and appliance delivery. Find out why so many Fortune 500 companies partner with Qumu for their enterprise video needs. Contact Qumu at 1-866-654-8333 or via www.qumu.com.
Qumu, Qumu 5.0 and the Qumu logo are registered trademarks of Qumu. All other brands and trademarks referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.